Monday, July 18, 2011

Born in the wrong generation?


Sometimes I find myself subconsciously online looking at music, movies, fashions and people from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. What is wrong with my own lifetime?? Maybe I am just so accustomed to the things of this age that I want to explore other ideas, but I'm practically just going in a circle since those concepts are outlived already anyway. But for some reason, older music especially, seems so much more creative and authentic than the music of this generation. I listen to music that my parents listened to in Junior High. I despise the crap that is currently on the radio (with the exception of songs from 94.7 fm). And I know I'm not alone in this. Don't get me wrong, obviously there's been a surplus of technology that has enabled people to create all different sorts of music and fashions and special effects in movies, but my eye is just old fashioned I guess because I find it much easier to appreciate things from previous years.