Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sanctification

God is the potter and we are the clay

At church tonight, I was reminded of a very important message. God molds, transforms, and sanctifies us through out our whole lives. It isn't just a one time thing. I am in a very important sanctification process that continues until the day that I die. Every day is an opportunity to pick up my cross and follow my God! I was almost brutally shaken by the words of the paster, that reminded me I am currently living in sin. I am not perfect just because I have a relationship with Jesus. In fact, my flaws are magnified so that I can ask for forgiveness and turn a new leaf. Every day, pick up my cross. Every, single, day. We are inconsistent creatures by nature, and need to continuously be working on our relationship with Jesus and how he wants us to serve/provide for our community, or whatever he calls us to do. What is my calling? I need to keep asking myself and God this so that eventually, hopefully sooner than later, I'll be able to fulfill the opportunities providing God's will.

Back to the God is a potter and we are the clay statement at the beginning, I know that most of you have heard that a million times. It comes from multiple places in the bible, including Isaiah and Jeremiah. This is so beautiful to me. A potter takes such fond care of his clay; we are his masterpiece. He plans out exactly what he wants us to look like to others and to ourselves. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, and so on. God perfectly articulates us in His image. He wants us to live a life connected to him, serving each other and our neighbors as we would ourselves.

“So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me:”O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand…” Jeremiah 18:3-6

This has got to be one of my favorite scriptures. Thanks for listening, have an amazing week! I love you all.