Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gorgeous Day

As you all know, today in Portland Oregon was absolutely gorgeous. I started it out by going to Besaw's on NW 23rd and Thurman St. with Haley and Mia. I gotta say, it was the best breakfast I have had in quite some time. (I ordered the breakfast sandwich and I HIGHLY recommend it.) Then later at home I did college research and started essays. There's nothing weirder than starting college essays. I still feel like I belong in Mrs. Case's 5th grade health class learning about womanly products for the first time. Anyway, after that I worked out for around 3 hours. I guess you can say I'm pretty much running off of ib profin right now. Then I watched a free online lifetime version of J.K Rowling's life; It was very inspiring and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS; even if you think they aren't "practical". You won't be happy or succeed in something that you don't truly want to do. I hope my generation doesn't succumb to the lie that the media engulfs us with. The lie that says you must make a ton of money to be able to achieve happiness; and that money can lead you to your "dreams". I guess there's a tint of truth in that last statement; if your dream is to buy a large boat and go sailing for a year, money could be quite helpful. However in my opinion there's nothing more satisfying than doing something or achieving some goal for purposes other than money. For instance, being apart of Younglife has made me realize how many amazing people that God has inspired to help teenagers. They devote all of there time to kids like us FOR FREE, because it's something they truly believe in. One day I hope to do something along those lines.

Thanks for listening to my random spiel on my day and thoughts. :)