Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspired

Lately I have been feeling an immense about of blessings from every direction of my life. I got to go BACK to the most beautiful place on earth with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. My grandma got surgery for breast cancer and came out CANCER FREE. My friends are.... I don't even have words for them. They are there for me no matter what and accept me for who I am, and I love them so much. My family is adoring and cares so much about me. The college search is going well and I feel extremely guided in the right direction. I feel a strong connection with God and really want to learn more about theology so I can be one step closer in fully understanding the history of the bible. I just feel like things are slowly falling into place, and couldn't be more thankful.

But then, the world is not about Anna Barlow. It consists of thousands of people, and a large portion of them are starving or living in severe poverty. I strongly believe that it is our duty as citizens of America to help these countries in any reasonable way we can. Instead of indulging in selfish pleasures, maybe we should adopt a child from Somalia or another desperate country. Instead of buying a new pair of jeans to add to the 10 already in our closet, send that money to an organization who helps aid or send food/water to these places. John Mark's talk about life and the mindset we have while living really made me think clearly about how self-obsessed we truly are as Americans. I hope that everyone believes in themselves enough to make a difference, ANY small donation or prayer for those in need helps. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD :)

To find out ways to donate, go here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/somalia-suffering-from-famine-how-you-can-help/2011/07/20/gIQAGdQ6PI_blog.html