Wednesday, August 17, 2011

late Wednesday night thought: I'm gonna smile because I deserve to.

Everyone has hardships in their lives-it's just how things work. The turmoil we go through in our life seems so devastating at the time of its occurrence, but then as time progresses we allow the turmoil to become less important to us. Personally, I have learned, (or at least am in the process of trying to accept) that shoving things to the back of my mind and "forgetting" about them does NOT in fact make the issues go away! I know, I'm basically the next Einstein. This seems incredibly obvious, but it has taken me all of junior high and 3 years of high school to begin to wrap my brain around that statement. It is SO easy, SOOOO easy to pretend things didn't actually happen or belittle their importance or impact in our lives. But I tell you now my dear friends: FACE YOUR PROBLEMS, DEAL WITH YOUR INSECURITIES, COMMUNICATE HOW YOU FEEL. We get strong reactions for a reason. What's their point or sense if we are supposed to just ignore them? It makes me sick at night. It's funny, just like when I eat something nasty or undercooked, I have a very physical reaction when I am trying to keep my problems hidden. That makes it very clear to me that it's just not right. I thank God every day that I have friends who I can share my thoughts and feelings with. But it's still a struggle to fully accept and deal with my issues, and I'm sure you can relate. But I promise you, whatever you are dealing with, it too shall pass. And I have full faith and trust in my God that through him I can accomplish wonders, things beyond my imagination. And I can accomplish all that despite my troubles.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Hope prevails my friends. Always. To end on a pleasant note, this verse always helps me end my day with a smile on my face.

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.