Monday, October 10, 2011

The community I live in is beautiful.

Tonight at the Leedy Grange next to bales and off of Saltzman was another Young Life club. The theme was western, which made me really excited because I love anything country and my eyes are rather fond of cowboys ;) Anyway, after a really great club with a skit that I was in (only slightly embarrassing) and a testimony from a strong young man who happens to be one of my best friends, something really beautiful happened. My friend Kendall and I had been wanting to pray with Luke about some things that are going on right now in his life, and so we decided to take him aside after club and pray. However, a few more of our friends were in close proximity so I asked them to join. I wasn't sure how comfortable everyone was with praying out loud, but every single person stepped up and had something encouraging and motivating so say for Luke. I teared up at the sound of my close group of friends and YL leaders prayers. It was magnificent. Moments like these make me want to freeze time, and just thank God for everything. And I mean everything. Every moment that has led me to where I am, right now.

Jesus changes everything.

Also, my friend Annie and I are planning our trip to Africa to work in an orphanage a few days after graduation this summer. It is actually going to happen this time. My excitement can not be contained for very long. Hopefully convincing Bob that I can do this won't be too big of a hassle.

Final insight. The war in the Congo is real, and it's possible to end.

WWW.FALLINGWHISTLES.COM <--copy and paste this into your web browser

watch, listen, read, understand, give.

Thank you