Thursday, October 20, 2011

Frustrating. Conflicted.

It's really hard being a democratic liberal and also actively involved in the church. I feel like i'm constantly disagreeing with the people I surround myself with, and I just wish that we could leave politics out of the equation. It has never been an issue until Occupy Wall Street. I personally believe that OWS does have a rather vague goal in mind, but everyone is angry for their own valid and important point. The beauty of a democracy is that people have a right to protest when things aren't right in society, but they don't need to come with the solutions also. That's what politicians are for, that's their job after all. Americans are just remembering they have this right and are standing up for what they believe will benefit this economy and their children. I think it's a great protest and if you do some more research, you'll see this is a purposeful and awesome event in history and it's about time it happens. Social responsibility is necessary for a democracy to work and that's what these people are accomplishing.

NOW THIS IS MY OPINION; but I respect and appreciate those of you who disagree and have valid factual points! That's great, it means you're trying to be involved in what's going on in this country. And it's ok to disagree. I'm just expressing my frustration right now and felt the need to type it out on here rather than on someones wall where I'll get ridiculed.

I hope I didn't lose any readers.