Sunday, October 2, 2011

Refreshing

I realized today that probably only a few people even read this, and only every once in a while. At first I got a little upset at this thought, but then I changed my mind. I write here for me. If that sounds selfish, that's not the intention. Yes, I hope maybe something I write is beneficial for a soul or two out there, but if not then oh well. My attitude recently has been changing from being a people pleaser to a more healthy balance between making others happy and also myself. I tend to block out my emotions and actual feelings a lot. One of my goals this year is to become more in control, but let God do his work in my life without feeling like I need to control that aspect. Does that make sense? I want to have control over things, but I don't as well. Matthew10:39 "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it". That is what I mean.

On a different note, the amazing group of campaigner girls that I am blessed to be apart of decided to do something challenging and demanding. For the next few weeks we will be dissecting and trying to comprehend every chapter of Revelations in the bible. There's a reason we don't discuss that book in church-people don't want to hear about the other part of the story. However, we can't just pick and choose which parts of the bible we want to pay attention to. We are motivated to attempt an understanding of what God is really trying to say in the text, and how we can apply it to the here and now, in our lives and others. I am proud of my group for doing this. :) Thank you Carla and Holly for putting up with our demands.

Also, I got asked to homecoming in the cutest way ever last night. He set up a scavenger hunt with 6 clues and a puzzle. I've never been asked in such a creative and fun way before. Major props ;)

YOUNGLIFE finally kicked off last week and I can't wait for the next club-WESTERN THEMED! Everyone needs to get pumped up now. I love the community of Young life go-ers, and I should really thank God more for them and the leaders. You are all amazing :)

Goodnight everyone.