Monday, October 31, 2011

A change in the weather

Well folks, it's official. Halloween is no longer about trotting around my neighborhood, approaching every single door and reciting "trick or treat" to whoever opens. It's no longer about competing with my best friends on who got the most candy or the biggest chocolate bars. I didn't go shopping for a costume with my mom, and I didn't decorate too much either. There was little to no build up for today, and I carried on with my usual homework routine. Not all of these changes just happened for the first time this year, but I think the reason it hit me so hard is I didn't even hang out with my friends and watch a scary movie or go scare the little kids. Times are changing OFFICIALLY. I think my point is, that little things keep happening this year that remind me how quickly time passes. I will keep reiterating this, but I refuse to let time slip through my fingers anymore. If I could ask for anything right now, it would be the wisdom of using time to the best possible advantage.

What I ended up doing tonight was watching a very sick and twisted 1960's movie called Rosemary's Baby. Then I researched the producer and found out some very unsettling things. I advise you not to do this my friends. Sorry if I just planted a seed.

Goodnight and to those of you who still find it in your hearts to celebrate this holiday like it deserves, Happy Halloween :)