Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So, body image...

The way we perceive our physical appearance in high school, both genders, can be such a struggle. I know that every day your confidence is tested whether that be at school with all your peers or just in your own room where the one giving the judgmental up down is you. Here's my opinion on this issue of insecurities. (especially in my own universe, high school) At least to me, the most ravishing beauty (for girls) and the most handsome features are found in the differences we all were blessed with. That bump on your nose? It adds intensity to your otherwise simple face. That butt chin? It goes with your character. The billions of freckles? It conveys something sweet about you. My point is, all these features that you may be insecure about, please don't feel that way! You are so beautiful and I'm NOT just saying that. Beauty transcends far deeper than the flesh, God made you in his image, you're his perfect son or daughter. I think the reason I'm touching base on this issue is that I forgot I'm subscribed to seventeen magazine, and today I got an issue in the mail. I couldn't find a page with out an ad being the center of attention. What were the ads of? Tall, skinny, big chested girls with long flowy hair that reaches all the way down their bronzed backs. Maybe it's just me, but I'm so tired of this being what the media tells me to look like. I will never look like that, but it is what it is right?

Sometimes, the most cliche lines can be really beneficial if you really dive into them. Take a moment to ponder the phrase, "How can you expect someone else to love you if you don't love yourself?" Let it resinate.

What I'm trying to get at is that the beauty comes from the differences. Please don't try and look like "that one girl" at school, because guaranteed you're more beautiful anyway. Just own what you got and work what your mama gave you. I guess your dad should get some credit too.