Monday, November 7, 2011

The Monday slumps

I have a horrible case of the Monday slumps. I absolutely feel pessimistic, tired, lazy, and overwhelmed. I'm even procrastinating by blogging and listening to Cold Play when I straight up know I need to be focusing on homework, projects and college stuff. However, I felt compelled to share the lyrics of Coldplay's "Paradise" with you because they touch my heart in many different ways. I highly recommend you purchase this song if not their entire new album.

Paradise
Coldplay

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach so
She ran away in her sleep
and dreamed of
Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
and the bullets catch in her teeth
Life goes on, it gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear a waterfall
In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly


Although this song is slightly depressing, it fits my mood at this moment of time. I'm sorry to all the readers who only see me as optimistic, but I can't be optimistic all the time. Well maybe I can, I just cut myself short.

Have a better afternoon than I'm having!