Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Doing the best you can.

With that motto, you really can get through anything. Why worry about something, if you truly know you are doing the best you can in the situation you're in and with the resources you're given? Not to say we shouldn't always strive for more. However when something is coming up in our lives that may cause us anxiety, apprehension or fear, we really must take 5 minutes to relax in silence and look at the bigger picture. And this applies to all things, no matter how big or small they may be. I know that we all have craziness in our lives, for me especially during the winter, but recently i've realized how important it is to not let the small things build up until they are dangerously close to spilling over. We are faced with challenges, opportunities, hardships, roadblocks and sadness every day in this world we live in. But hope is what gets us through, that and faith. To have faith is to believe in something you can not visibly or directly see. At least for me, when I wake up in the morning and think to myself "great, today I have three tests, tutoring, a game, two clubs and I have chores when I get home" I quickly dismal down and wear myself out just in the first 5 minutes I'm awake. That, vs. "Today will be good. I won't let anything bring me down, because I am blessed and thankful. And when God is with me, who/what should I fear?" With this mindset, I remember that every day is a blessing and I am truly grateful to wake up every single morning. With that in mind, I am going to bed with a positive attitude because I know that I'm doing the best that I can. This was slightly a pep talk for myself, sorry if it sounded too "me me me" Goodnight!